PTS provides online backup for clients using our P-POD architecture and storage solutions from NetApp. Unlike physical storage via tape, Network Attached Storage (NAS) or Storage Area Network (SAN) environments, which requires capacity planning, purchasing capacity in advance, and large up-front payments, PTS Backup & Archiving services offer pay-as-you-go pricing. So you pay only for the data that you store. PTS provides unlimited scalability, no need for excess capability, no up-front cost – all at a cost less than if you purchase and operated your own on-premise systems.
Efficiency: PTS Backup & Archiving services provide block-level compression and de-duplication which make backups more efficient and reduces storage costs up to 15-25x compared to traditional uncompressed backups. After the first backup, additional backups are incremental, which reduces the amount of storage required and associated cost.
Security: Enterprise-grade encryption (Advanced Encryption Standard, 256 bit key) is available. When encryption is enabled, your data will be encrypted with a passphrase that only you know. Once you create your AES-256 encryption key, your data is encrypted before it leaves the server and remains safely encrypted while stored.
PTS service offerings for cloud-enabled backup & archiving include:
- North New Jersey metro-area local block-level data backups in near real-time to PTS’ Cloud Infrastructure
- Local standby server access for rapid recovery
- Recoverability in the PTS Cloud in the event of total site disaster
- Recovery point objectives (RPOs) of 15 minutes or less
- Recovery time objectives (RTOs) of 2 hours or less
- Bare-metal restorations of dissimilar hardware
- Maintenance of multiple restore points
- Support for advanced restoration options including file and folder restoration, and Microsoft message and mailbox recovery
For More Information…